Welcome to the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast, “Fourth of July”
In this episode, we take stock of the busy Fourth of July holiday week that was full of wheelchair rolls, head injuries and new grilling setups. Plus, we got a new Pepper Show!
- Statistical shout outs to places far and wide and thick and thin where people listen to the show.
- Have you heard of the disorder where people take s**** in their sleep? Yeah it’s called sleep crapnea.
- While I was copying that down my wife was like, “You can’t say that, it has swearing in it.” I was like “Yes I can, I’ll bleep it.” And then she was like, “You have to leave the ‘sh’ sound otherwise people won’t know what word it is.” I was like “I can do that!” And then she said, “Would you please turn off the light?” I said, “Would you please let me write down this f****** joke!”
- July 1- Fell and hit my head on the house, like in the old episode It’s Fall. I ordered replacement tips for my stick from REI
- July 2- I went to a wedding in my chair, and then I went to the reception in my brace.
- July 3- I shopped at Urban Ore in my chair. I went to get lunch at the fried chicken sandwich place and the guy who was next in line had me cut in front of him and I accepted. But then I started to feel weird about the people after him.
- July 4- On the 4th I went to San Jose to my parents’ block party where I rode my wheelchair. My mom told me she was happy I was there and that I was in my chair taking it easy. It wasn’t much of a barbecue- I didn’t have anything that was grilled. We had chile verde
- July 5- I barbecued a redo of the 4th of July by grilling hot dogs, bratwurst, and corn. A new method using aluminum trays, yielded positive results and the kids gave it positive reviews. For dessert, we had apple pie.
- I recorded the Pepper Show and the vibe is more or less soft in the head. But at least I did it. I can do a better one next time.