Welcome to “Happy New Yeast” on the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast
In this episode, autocorrect keeps messing with me. After almost two years, I’ll get new teeth on Friday. I drove myself to KFJC and did a lot of cooking.
- I lost my buck teeth in the Spring of 2021 and, at long last, I’m getting them back on Friday
Live on KFJC
- I drove to KFJC and hung out with Jack tar during the Blues Collective and also picked up some records to review
- They had this year’s new years card and a past new years card up in the lobby
- I got assigned a couple records to review and brought them home, fulfilling the original reason to be a member at kfjc: to get free records
Misadventures In Autocorrect
- “Happy new yeast,” my phone is always autocorrecting me, when I try to write happy new years. And I’m like “No, man- that makes me sound weird.”
- Cedell Davis was a disabled blues man with limited use of his hands
Doin’ drop off and pickup
- I took the kids to school- Nami was working in San Diego,
- End of day pickup & took them out to Taco Bell, because they see the ads on TV
Cooking While Disabled Jan 2023
- Need a TED talk about making PBJ that addresses the importance of spreading the peanut butter and jelly to the edge of the bread
- Made mojo sauce, its hard for me bc it had some tricky things like using the microplane, blender & a lotta juicing i extended the marinating time to break out the work over 2 days
- Made soup again, the kale was a bit difficult to strip off the stems but i did it anyway bc it’s good to do things within reason. Part of cooking is prep, and it’s the work
Artist at the Grocer
- I saw the artist Stephanie Syjuco at the grocery store. That was last week; this week she’s at MSU, installing a new exhibition
Hold It Right There
- The Amazon page holder device– I can read again. It’s called “Bookmark/Weight-Page Holder-Holds Books Open and in Place-Clear-by Superior Essentials” and it was Amazons choice. Using it is easy and I can read much easier without having to grapple with the book.
- Currently, I’m reading The Year’s Best Sports Writing 2021 and Saxophone Colossus, Aidan Levy’s new Sonny Rollins biography and the page holder is doing exactly what they said it would- a useful product.