In “Wheelchair Dig,” a dinner party, shout outs and a family trip to the record store.
Amidst discussions on music finds, including Eminem and Taylor Swift covers, touching on the disappearance of People’s Park, radio’s outreach to marginalized communities, and the place of ‘inspirational’ content in disability culture.
Canvas for hot sauce
We had our neighbors over for dinner last night and we made pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw. The kind of thing just perfect for hot sauce.
Shout out to the sandman who wrote in for a fresh fish recommendation in the South Bay. So I gave up all my spots to him?
Shout out to Jersey girl and Max level
There’s only one way
Went record shopping at Amoeba in my wheelchair with the family
I found a 3cd set of Codona on ECM used / don cherry nana vasconcelos and collin wallcott. It’s proto-‘world music’
my son got eminem’s “Marshall Mathers 2”. he is having emotional problems, so I see why he is connecting with this.
My wife and my daughter went in on the taylor swift covers cd taylor’s version – electropop, powerful music – the frequencies are on blast, it peels your eyelids back and curls your eyelashes. plenty rizz, more drip than expected, pretty obvious why she’s a spectacular pop star
people’s park is gone – three cops guarding the shipping containers blockading it – bad vibes
Inspiration to who?
Disabled people have complicated relationships with a lot of words. But the one word other than “disability” itself disabled people feel most intensely about may be the word “inspirational.”Andrew Pulrang
The radio and other broadcast media is egalitarian in the way it approaches disabled people and unpopular people. The voice on the radio is the companion that they have. Homeless people, weirdos, prisoners, anyone who tunes in can listen
On that note, email me
- 00:00:00 – Intro
- 00:01:01 – We had our neighbors over
- 00:01:30 – Hoppin Hot Sauce Jingle
- 00:02:03 – Shout outs
- 00:02:10 – south bay fresh fish market recommendations
- 00:03:35 – Jersey girl and Max level
- 00:04:23 – subscribe and get the selfie
- 00:05:31 – record shopping at amoeba Berkeley with the family in my wheelchair
- 00:08:00 – i found codona trilogy on ecm 3cd set used
- 00:10:54 – my son got eminem
- 00:13:25 – taylor swift taylor\’s version cd
- 00:18:11 – people\’s park is gone
- 00:20:20 – being inspiring is a drag
- 00:24:25 – voice is on the radio
- 00:25:46 – outro
Amoeba Berkeley (record store)
Hoppin Hot Sauce