- last borscht thing: Matt came over and had lunch and he said “it was the best borscht I’ve ever had.” Nami was there
- not like he’s Lithuanian or anything.
- I think Lithuanians eat it cold
- Steve was talking about white borscht
- Shout outs to Nathan Mary Butters and Tibby- thanks for the catnip hot sauce
- Very Stable Genius is a good neck tattoo
- I went to reddit to see if there were any posts about Epstein-Barr causation and there was only one in the Multiple Sclerosis forum and the study was met with an ambivalent reaction
- We had white beans, kale, and dry chorizo stew. i talked to the butcher about the dry chorizo — joe: “is it chorizo, or is it choriz?”
- “I’m in recovery again” update to my 2nd surgery in January 2020 – meds- relapses- where I’m at now
- in Omicron isn’t milder for everyone I canceled my dental appointment but i just had it. I wore two masks for the first time
- At the periodontist’s office all the doors are open because Covid so you hear everything- gross!
- Thank you
- Printer Poem
Tag Archive for: microvascular decompression
What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast
SETTING: Shopping Mall, Spooky Castle, “Run In The Wild” by Hot Mops.
The BAD: Trigeminal Neuralgia came back.
Halloween is coming.Click for transcript
- I saw the surgeon who performed my microvascular decompression surgery.
- I went to my Ukrainian dentist a couple of weeks ago, she is the one I called, “The Iron Curtain.”
- I am not in trigeminal neuralgia pain anymore , and my life has changed for the better.
- Now that I can shave my face, I’ve been wearing a mustache.
- I am a lot happier.
I had microvascular decompression surgery to alleviate trigeminal neuralgia, and now I’m in recovery again.CLICK FOR TRANSCRIPT
Check the Get The Whole Story: Please check the Microvascular Decompression tag page to hear all the updates about my MVD surgery.
Welcome to the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast, “grief and trauma”
My brain chemistry, the amygdala, stress, fight-or-flight part of my brain is throttling my hippocampus, which is the intelligent part of my brain. The fear and anxiety part of my brain is getting the upper hand because of all of these traumas that are happening right now. I’m recording this episode to try and get it out there to say it all and to hopefully move beyond some of this fear, trauma, and anxiety.
My life feels totally different now
I have a lot more energy and I am much more present. I’m able to think complicated thoughts.
So they were like, “Something is weird. We got to put the EKG on him.” But I’m like a hairy individual, you know? So they got out the trimmers, they’re like, “What?” They’re just like, “What do we do?” … she says to me, she’s like, “Don’t worry. After we’re done, I’ll shave the rest.” I’m like, “Hell no you won’t shave the rest of my chest. Are you kidding?” I think of my chest hair a little bit like Samson, you know what I mean? Stay away from that. Come on, give me a break.
What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast Season 3, Episode 14 Excerpt: “Flapping My Arms”
One thing I did notice about the last episode is that I’m flapping my arms again. I first figured out of it about flapping my arms in episode five:
“and this is kind of joking, I guess. I get nervous, you know. You know, if you ever see me like making fart noise or flapping my arms, you know, somebody very close to me has died.”
What it means, basically that. When I’m flapping my arms again, you know I’m scared. I make jokes, it’s because I’m scared.Read transcript