Confronting The Invisible
- Shout outs to Patrick who sent me a ted talk about chronic illness and using spoons as a metaphor to regulate energy- “Confronting the invisible” by Olivia Larner
- Her talk centers around the idea that most people don’t see invisible disabilities
- What matters is not how other people react to me, but how I present myself . I control what I can control. As ability changes, what you can control probably also changes
- The frustration of becoming older and having your opinion be drowned out by a bunch of younger people’s opinions. Being disabled is similar in that your opinion is drowned out by more able bodied people’s
- I heard Noam Chomsky’s podcast “Anarchism“- Noam Chomsky has a gravelly voice
- Rockstacker & Condor: East San Jose characters. rockstacker.com is a thing
- Olivia Lerner called chronic illness people “spoonies”
- I like the old-school rapper Spoonie Gee
- Spoonie Gee “Spoonin’ Rap“. I got that on twelve inch at Jerry’s Tecords in Pittsburg. RIP Jerry. went there in fall 2000, that was a dope record store. the worlds largest all vinyl record store. Jerry Weber died two weeks agar at 73
- Used to play “Spoonin’ Rap” with Rick James “Cold Blooded” crunked out- those were the days!
- Thinking about buying a case of Bordeaux and eating steaks every night because of this stupid ad
- My stats showed and there are people listening to sequential episodes and on the one hand I’m like, don’t listen too close
- I made easy food
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!