Welcome to the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast, Season 6 Episode 23, “I Admire You.”
In “I Admire You”, I went to Walmart again. Which means that I like it, maybe. People made unexpected comments to me this week, so I dealt with those as best I could. Hoppin Hot Sauce is back in business. At the Royal Shakespeare Company, disabled actor is playing Richard III, a first. It’s a disabled role often played by someone acting disabled.
- Shout outs to Claude Hopper- he listened to the whole podcast. This is the 197th episode
- I went to Walmart again, this time for white t shirts
- Did your delivery driver go above and beyond?
- We sent 8 cases of sauce for Amazon
- We sent 18 cases to Williams Sonoma s western region
- The Most Real Richard III There’s Ever Been New York Times article about the disabled actor Arthur Hughes
- I was leaving the liquor store Some guy wearing An American Flag bandana And a white goatee asked me if I needed help. I said I was ok and thanked him. It made me question if I should go out alone
Journey to Walmart again
- I went to Walmart again and this time I ordered pickup
- Before getting in the car I grabbed my trekking pole & 40th birthday cowboy hat
- When I got to Walmart I Drove around the whole parking lot 3 times trying to find the pickup spot.
- In the end I couldn’t find it, so I went inside
- The greeter tried to get me to go to the other side of the store
- She could see I was not into that
- She told me I could use the app to tell them I was here, but she didn’t know how to do that or what it was called and Neither did I
- She said that I could park my car near the garden area
- Turning Around to get out of there I moved unsteadily and the greeter reached out to steady me
- I used my trekking pole
- I went back to my car.
- When I was getting in my car a woman in the parking lot said “I admire you. You’re out here, and you’re doing your thing”
- Then I drove my car to the Garden area and parked on the curb
- There was a sign to call a phone number if you were here to pick up.
- I called and no one answered
- People with blue vests were walking around my car.
- I told one of them that I had called and he said that no one answered because he was the only one working.
- He said that he would help me. He went off and came back in a few minutes with the shirts
- I don’t know why I keep going to the Davis street Walmart
- It was nice to be admired
Questionable Parting Shots
- Rehabilitation robot hand gloves seem like a strange idea. Maybe it works for somebody.
- Are there unauthorized art projects on the moon? Elon Musk is taking Jeff Koons sculptures to the moon.
- Elon musk is probably going to have an humblebrag 80th birthday party “humanity is now living well into its eighth decade, by the way I’m turning 80 on Tuesday, btw”