Welcome to What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast S6, Ep. 44 “Pot Roast and Polenta”
In this episode, I cook pot roast and polenta. Recently, I’ve been spending a lot of time in the kitchen, laying low and taking care of my self. I’m having some anxiety but I’m trying to work with it. I’m taking a plane trip to SoCal and having a holiday party at my house later this week, so it makes sense that I am a little stressed.
There’s a lot of killer sound effects ion this weeks episode including people booing, laughing and cracking whips among many other cool sound effects like boing boxes and xylophones.
In the Kitchen
- last night we had pot roast and polenta. the pot roast braised at a low temp in the oven with the lid cracked
- Pot roast guidance came from The Food Lab by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt.
- Tincanfish.com is free shipping for the month of December
What’s going on in the world
- New York City to Involuntarily remove mentally ill people from the streets. I left there quite a while ago!
- I’m reading Curb Free With Corey Lee, a wheelchair travel blog, in advance of my flight to San Diego later this week.
- I am feeling some anxiety
- I don’t have a therapist any longer because mine retired and moved to arizona
- I think it is connected to reinventing myself now that i am pain free and off anticonvulsed medication
- Handsome selfie from Thanksgiving autopsy made everything better?
- I cleaned the drip tray on the grill and there was a lot of sour Smelling coagulated turkey fat
At the station
- I drove to KFJC and I filed Some record reviews
Cooking while disabled
- I made beef pot roast
- Simple syrup with a teeny bit of corn syrup
- And roast beets
- I made a drink with absinthe, gin, meyer lemon, and syrup
- I told my wife at least we didn’t have to pay for tattoo removal
- Peeps r a big trip