Welcome to What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast Season Six, Episode 13, “Lightning Bolt”
In this episode I got out of my house and saw a Lightning Bolt show, which was a big success. I used a ride service, ate a pre-show dinner, and hustled to the club, where they gave me a seat right next to the band.
- Shoutouts: to the librarian who roped me into the compulsory ideas & cultural indoctrination book club!
- I will survive my symbolic journey to Siberia as I read this book about prehistory somehow, the same book as everyone else
- I went to see Lightning Bolt
- Everyone in the family is out of town today
- My wife asked me before she left, what was my menu plan? and I hadn’t thought about it
- I made barbecued steak and spring onions yesterday- and some real hot salsa
- I got a turkey sandwich, some beans, avocados, tortillas & cheese at the corner grocery. They have different varieties of beans down there.
- Remember Hare Krishna’s at the airport? I guess it’s sad that the kids won’t have that
- Social media is QVC interspersed with pictures of your friends
I went to the show
- I used the Gogo Grandparent app which could just as easily be called Ride-O’s
- It was around $30 round trip
- I went to Low Bar , where I had a burger and a drink before the show
- Brian Chippendale is hardcore drummer, as opposed to a jazz drummer
- Lightning Bolt’s change of pace is between-song banter
- Brian Chippendale recorded a station ID for KFJC after
- The old ranting guy was drunk and ranting outside the club, he stood by the fire hydrant. I looked at him and realized we were the same age
- Blue Hills by Michael Hurley was on as I put this together, it’s a new repress from Mississippi Records. he warbles a lot and the recording has many homespun touches.. you could see it as a bum trip, but I encourage thinking about with nostalgia. It’s very warm that way.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | Subscribe
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!