The Whisper Episode
Welcome to the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast Season 6 Episode 28, “The Whisper Episode.”
In this episode, I can’t talk with my full voice because it makes my trigeminal neuralgia flare up. So I whisper, more or less. Go on a journey with me through a study about MS & diet, a talk by disability activist Judy Heumann,
- One of my family was on social media saying “So there are reports of Bruce Springsteen tickets going for outrageous amounts of money. Isn’t this something he could control? I’m so confused.” and I was like “Bruce has had it and he’s tired of taking care of you babies. he wants you to pick yourself up by your bootstraps and get your own piece of the American dream LOL”
- You can’t do that in 2022, people need the social media echo chambers things are too hard in society RN. LOL
- At least you are still allowed to LOL
- RRMS patients should consider joining Dr. Terry Wahls/U of Iowa’s Efficacy of Diet on Quality of Life in Multiple Sclerosis study.
This goes everywhere
- Geographical shout outs: these words are flying around the world,.Thank you for tuning in
- Sometimes I feel like I can’t do anything, like Schrodinger’s cat. It’s as if the act of trying to do something guarantees that I can’t do it.
- The pain in my face has gotten more intense. Thankfully it’s not throbbing, but the nerve is very sore. It’s intense enough that its fogging me up. I can only hope it doesn’t get too much worse before they insert a needle in my mouth and fry me. NOTE: It already has gotten worse.
Disability activist Judy Heumann
- I watched Judy Heumann livestreaming on pbs books and I was totally gobsmacked by how great she is, as usual. “My work is to allow disabled people to feel proud of who we are … there is so much more work that needs to be done … to understand who we are … and our desire to be an active part of our communities.” “20-21% of the US population are disabled. 60 million people. Globally, 1 billion plus.”
- Judy spoke to an audience of Girl Scouts and said: “You don’t have to accept ‘no.’ If you believe that ‘no’ is wrong, then you need to fight for your right. It may not happen quickly, but if you believe in it, you have to fight for it.”
- The PBS Books Youtube channel is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRk-Tf8aUOI
Artist Gary Cannone
- When I can talk again I want to do an interview with artist Gary Cannone.
Subscribe to get the selfie (and everything else)
- The way you get the selfie is to subscribe on whatsthematterwithme.org. Collect them all, Put them in a special folder on your computer. That seems almost like an NFT, and seeming might be enough.
- To get an email every time a new episode comes out, enter your email and get on the mailing list at whatsthematterwithme.org.
This week’s selfie:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | Subscribe
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!