Doors Of Perception
Welcome to What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast Season Six, Episode 29, “Doors Of Perception.”
In this episode, the door men are at my house installing the Doors Of Perception. They are noisy, but because I’m feeling better, I don’t have to whisper anymore. I was still feeling pretty tough yesterday when I went to see the surgeon to discuss RF Rhizotomy surgery.
“If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro’ narrow chinks of his cavern.”William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell
- Geographical shout outs
- Shout outs to rocky
- Shout out to Mom who reminded me that it’s been 2 and a 1/2 years since I have MVD micro vascular decompression surgery not 1-1/2
- Shout outs to Doctor Shuer, who’s already operated on me twice. Isn’t that enough? We’ll see, just stay tuned..
- Mom was trying to get me to be thankful for that time, and I am, but I also would appreciate my surgeon putting an end to this disorder and putting me out of pain. Trigeminal neuralgia is very painful and causes many who have it to commit suicide by how painful it is and I just don’t ever want to be in the place I was before or even being close to it.
- Trigeminal neuralgia took me to the house of pain, where I went into the white hot room of pain and took a seat on the sofa of pain.
- While I am thankful. I need to get this done with for my family. Shout out to Mom, she’s a Catholic and was taught to be thankful for everything in life and I kind of agree with her. I must admit I can be sympathetic to that. Because everything is here for me and I didn’t do it and I should be thankful for it- OK fine fine
- Dear God, please let’s segue
- I think it’s fine to call someone whatever they want to be called.
- Sanleandrido, Sanlandrida, Sanleandridx.
- Getting thoroughly cursed out is triggering and toxic that’s what it’s all about.
- I had a nightmare that it was Thanksgiving and the butcher shops were all out of turkey.
The Cure Is: Lemons
- One of my friends sent me 1 of these “they’ve cured MS in Canada” Messages and it’s totally unprovable and not linked to any study And it’s kind o,f like the MS cure Where you eat a lot of lemons. Generally I ask my family not to send me MS cure ideas that are like that. I believe in peer reviewed studies And without that you’re kind of just shooting in the dark.. So generally I ask people not to send me things that are unsupported by scientific study.
- But frankly it was nice to be thought of and I told the guy I appreciate it. So how’s that for mixed messages?
- The Whisper Episode was 20 minutes. Sorry about that. I’m sure you understand.
- I ended I Made The Paper with a song. My wife asked what it was. Hot Mops is my music project that we heard. The thing we heard was called “Ian.” if you’re looking for more of that, find it https://soundcloud.com/john-hoppin
- I went to see the doctor earlier today but before that at 8:30am i had a CT scan so I didn’t eat breakfast.
- A CT scan is way chiller than an MRI- you’re still mostly in the roam because the hole that you’re in is way bigger
- In MRI, you are inside the machine- for CT, it’s not even like you’re inside something. MRI has a 50-60CM aperture. CT scan has an aperture of 75-85cm. CT is shorter and quieter.
- Then we had 45 minutes between appointments so i got the peanut butter Jamba Juice quick before I met the doctor. to get calories because I didn’t have breakfast.
- My doctor and I discussed RF rhizotomy: they would put me to sleep, insert a needle into my face, then wake me up, send electrical signals through the needle to verify the right nerve, and then blast it with the high frequency RF to deaden the nerve.
- It’s a short procedure but its freaky. were going to schedule it and if I don’t need it I wont have it
- The Story of signing the consent form and how I wrote my signature.
- We talked about how it could reduce my use of pain medication.
Baby Wants To Drive
- My wife and I talked about how I cant drive on my current medicine dosage. That is upsetting, it’s like I’m a baby. I want to drive, but I can barely get around my house. It’s a loss of independence. I don’t know how I wont go stir crazy.
Los Pericos Vibe
- We ate at Los Pericos on East 14th St. Nami had the vegetarian burrito & I had pozole. It was pretty good. It came with radishes cabbage and onion to dump in and a lime to squeeze over everything and it came together nicely.
- I used my wheelchair to order the food and to eat. it was the first time I did that. it was on a pedestrian mall on a Tuesday at lunchtime. It was mostly empty, except for a guy who muttered to himself. He would come up in volume as we dropped down. He was talking about real motherfuckers and fake motherfuckers. He sounded upset about it. in a sense he was really killing the vibe. in another sense its a free country isn’t it? one mans vibe is another mans jibe! then his friend showed up and he was a lot happier. but then they were catcalling women.
BK To The Fullest
- If you woke up today and you were an adult male named Brooklyn.
Part about cursing
- Sometimes I deserve to be cursed out and sometimes I don’t and when I don’t, maybe I should just walk away and hope for better next time. Perhaps I could avoid ridiculing the person trying to come at me. which is what I often do because I think I’m not afraid of confrontation.
- Maybe I should just take a wait and see and find out whether it is a pattern, whether I have a toxic person on my hands. Maybe there are extenuating circumstances.
This Week’s Selfie:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!