Welcome to What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast S6, Ep. 42 “Thanksgiving Warmup”
In this episode, I’m getting ready for Thanksgiving, roasting chickens, buying barbecue parts, checking out tactical wallets, and more. I went to my friend’s birthday party and I managed to hang around and put in a pretty decent appearance. Disabled culture this week: Alice Wong, Leon Fleischer, and Daniel Romanchuk.
- Kayaking through the wastewater outside the tomb of salt Bae
- Had a buddy over and we had Mississippi roast and watched the World Series game six between the Philadelphia Phillies and Houston Astros
- We went to a friend’s house for a birthday party.
- It was outside and it was on some dirt that had been rained on, so it was soft. It was not as easy to stand to stand on as concrete.
- I didn’t use my wheelchair And I did pretty good
- I saw the guy who owned a bar and we discussed what I’ve been drinking
- the last time I saw him I was in a wheelchair and this time I was standing using my cane
- I archived my trigeminal neuralgia journal – i’m off meds
- I was visiting with the birthday ladies family And they gave me a slice of cake and a fork and a little paper plate and I tried to eat it on my lap and I kept throwing pieces on the ground on accident so I just gave up it was a pretty good cake and remarkably it was in the shape of an armadillo
- Do I wish I had a Tactical Wallet?
- I’m listening to Alice Wong “Year Of The Tiger”
- 26.2 Miles is Easy. Getting Around New York City is Not. By Talya Minsberg, Photographs by Clark Hodgin in the New York Times, Nov. 7, 2022
- Fleischer disabled pianist on wkcr. Ravel for the left hand vindictive by ozawa
- Randey the barber, with an e
- I made sausage pasta
- Putting together Thanksgiving
After years of preparation, Recital is proud to present The 12th Annual International Sound Poetry Festival box set. Held in New York in 1980, this was the last festival of the pioneering sound poetry series started in Stockholm in the 1960s. This ambitious document holds nearly five hours of audio from 30 artists. A 240-page book with biographies, texts, and artwork from each artist supplements the edition, including program notes by Charlie Morrow and Sean McCann.
- New music: “The 12th Annual International Sound Poetry Festival” 4x Cassette & Book (Box Set)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | Subscribe
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!