San Diego Trip
Welcome to What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast S6, Ep. 45 “San Diego Trip”
In this episode, I’m on the road again for the first time in what feels like a long time. My wife and I flew to San Diego to attend her company’s year-end holiday party. For the first time, I flew with my wheelchair.
I got frisked and swabbed lot, but I didn’t miss my flights, so it evened out and I made it home in one piece. It was not without hiccups, but we managed to have a pretty good trip overall, and I’m looking forward to traveling again in tyhe future.
Booze Only Yankee Swap IV
We came back to town and had the Booze Only Yankee Swap. The next day, we took the kids to see the San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra’s holiday concert.
There’s some sound effects in this episode, like a plane taking off and some other stuff, but I tried to keep it to an absolute minimum, I swear.
- Shout-outs to Empress Nami who wrote in to say, “I listened to WTMWM on my commute in. The ending….so many sound effects! I was laughing so much.”
- Sometimes I’m just communing with Roy, who taught me how to do audio production. Roy always encouraged me to use more sound effects.
- Hey MOMA, do you have the what’s the matter with me? Podcast?
- They think I only ordered one fork
Descended From Royalty
- I took the kids to eat at Taco Bell and we met a stranger
San Diego Trip
- We flew to San Diego
- I made a recording just outside the airport terminal
At The Company Holiday Party
- I sat down at the table for the holiday party and it turned out to be the adult table because the CSO sat across the table and the CEO sat down next to me. Which was kind of *gulp*-inducing but they were nice people and they listened to me when I told them how great my wife was.
- The people at the company have an impressive track record of creating medicines.
- I saw the lab and it was a big glassed in structure at the core of a long rectangular one story building in San Diego
- I flew back, and they swabbed and frisked me again. The TSA guy said to clean my brace with rubbing alcohol next time.
Our Holiday Party
Booze Only Yankee Swap
Someone brought Peach Brandy to the Booze Only Yankee Swap and that created a minor kerfuffle. It was the fourth time we’ve had this party.
The graphic design program spat out this garbled flyer and we can post it here because it doesn’t list our address, or anything at all, really- it just says, “in” over and over.
I put in a bottle of Beefeater gin and I ended up with a bottle of Don Julio tequila. My wife traded a bottle of Cazadores for a bottle of Glenfiddich so it was a pretty good exchange for both of us and we very nearly felt bad about it.
- Someone brought peach Brandy to the booze only Yankee swap and that created a minor kerfluffle
- Lebovitz spiced nuts & pretzels were a hit. Next time, spicier
- The hot dogs
San Francisco SymphonyYouth Orchestra Holiday Concert
- We took the kids to see the San Francisco Symphony Youth Orchestra at Davies Symphony Hall. I used my chair and it was totally lucky that we got a handicap space just two blocks away. But, we hadn’t charged the chair.
- We were there to see Kaito play the violin and we had pretty good seats in the first balcony at stage right. We had a good view looking down over the orchestra, and from our seats you look the conductor in the face as they played.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | RSS
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!