In “Security Shirt,” I’m experimenting with creating a video version of this podcast. With video, it’s proof. I’m going to focus on trying to make movies, then seeing if I can integrate them into the podcast
- Shout outs to Wylie
- Shout outs to the Sandman who wrote Jack Tar & I about a live Buddy Guy concert on TV yesterday
- Thinking back to “Hit My Head On The Bed,” maybe I should get a bed frame with posts or other hardware on the bottom so I can hang on to that – because there isn’t anything to grab on to at the lower end of the bed.
Sao Ichikawa wins Akutagawa Prize
- “I wrote this novel thinking that it is a problem that there were few authors with disabilities,” she said. “I want everyone to think about why the first winner did not appear until 2023.”
Security Shirt Movie
- Security Shirt story – “a man is blocking the stairwell”
- My AFO brace has come unglued again
- I’m falling a lot, getting bruises, and taking lots of ibuprofen
Thor Raining Down Lightning
- Trigeminal neuralgia was like lightning coming through the clouds. The clouds came from the carbamazepam and gabapentin I was on at the time. But then the lightning of trigeminal neuralgia in electrical nerve disease was like being in an area where there are lightning storms. The lightning is pretty unpredictable and there are mostly clouds, but once in a while the lightning strikes or there can be a lightning storm that breaks out and there are many, many electrical strikes. It causes a lot of anxiety because of how unpredictable it is. And having gone through many many of those lightning storms, I am kind of traumatized. I am on the same medication today and under more or less the same clouds. But there is no lightning when there is any feeling at all it is very muted. But like I said I’m traumatized. I’m anxious and I’m fearful. I have to recognize that
- Relaxed fit clothes fit my AFO easier but they are going top be a change for my wardrobe
From the Corrections Desk
- Correction from my wife. We didn’t use carvana that we use CarMax. The same one we use the last time
- Burping after eating Taco Bell vegetables tastes like cigarettes
- I was about to tell this lady at National Mobility and Seating right when the guy told me I was at the wrong place and he was behind the window at first so I didn’t see him
- My wife was relieved
On The Beat
- I saw Kerry in the park at 8:30 a.m. trying to do what he can for as long as he can
- I want to go to Sacramento for classic cocktails and chow mein
Revenge Against All Odds
- Crippled Masters. One with no legs, the other no arms.
- Disabled self-representation in a martial arts film.
- An avant garde film.
- Ended with no falling action