Concert At Yoshi’s
Welcome to “Concert At Yoshi’s” on the What’s The Matter With Me? Podcast
I went to see a jazz concert at Yoshi’s in my wheelchair, and it was pretty easy, for a change. I made a lot of vegetarian bean chili ahead of a trip to the ranch, and the vegetarians approved of it.
- Shout outs to Claude Hopper who listened to Wheelchair Dining Experience and wrote in to laugh about the banana salad
- My mom told me that I should have complained about the restaurant experience, but I have worked in restaurants for a long time and I think that things can go wrong very easily, so I declined. Kind of a cop out. I was like it’s not gonna make my experience any better to complain.
- Write me an email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will give you a shout out, perhaps the best shout out you will ever have. What are you waiting for? Send me an email email@example.com
- Mom reminded me how the meal was like a car crash and i couldn’t look away because It was like I was driving and I crashed my car. Maybe I was like a passenger in a taxi where the driver got into a horrible accident and killed someone and was at fault I was not at fault but I experienced it. And I paid for it. Rest in peace to that dinner
- I’ll complain next time.
Ads R Cheesy
- It’s still true that I’ve never had an advertisement on WTMWM?, but I was watching TV with my son and they had an advertisement for this nut company and I have to say that I order nuts and raisins a lot. they also sell cheese powder and I’m interested in that. so if the nuts people come calling, I might do it, for the cheese powder
Eight Cans Of Beans
- I made a gallon and a half of bean chili, to bring to the ranch. it got good reviews from the vegetarians who ate it up. I wanted to see if making vegetarian chili from canned beans was possible, and it worked out.
- My buddy grilled some carne asada and onions, which mixed into the bean chili just right, lending good meaty flavor and satisfying some more primal urges.
Dave Holland Trio at Yoshi’s
Monday February 20, 2023
Dave Holland, bass
Kevin Eubanks, guitar
Eric Garland, drums
- From jam band to nihilistic noise rock.
- Eubanks is a natural sideman and laughs at everything
- This jazz concert at Yoshi’s was accessible in my wheelchair
- I just had to call in the afternoon to let them know I was coming that night, and they reserved a table for my wife and I
- They gave us a good table with a clear vantage point and we enjoyed the show. We were not off to the side, or around the corner. It was easy to get to my seat, and I had a clear path to the bathroom which was useful because i had two whiskey sours
Spatula appears in English for the first time in 1525, when it morphs from being a weapon to a utensil most commonly used at apothecaries. Today, it describes any cooking tool with a long handle and a thin flexible blade.
- We got into a debate during the making of chili about spatulas: are they for smoothing things out, or flipping them.
- Turns out, there are a lot of different things that you could call a spatula
- We received the bed and the fridge
- The mattress is not a lumpy nightmare
- The fridge is keeping things cold, but well short of freezing
I Drove Them
- I drove the kids to presidents week camp this morning bc my wife was in the office
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS | Subscribe
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!